2019 Lets Get This Year Started With Possitive Vibes

As winter holds us in it's icy tendrils and we dream of spring days just ahead, it feels like a good time to rejuvenate ourselves in anticipation.  I also feel that this is a good time to reflect just a little as well, for without the solid foundations, the very building blocks that make us who we are, how can we reach higher, for the stars?
It has been several months since I last wrote so you may be wondering "what have those crazy Jessen's been up to?"

A little craziness of course!
Except Silas, he is far too sophisticated for that.

We had a great hunting season! This year I had the opportunity to get out with my husband, kids and brother several times.  I love getting out, enjoying the beauty all around us and sharing that time.  Here are a few photo highlights.
 Brooks and Logan venturing out in the mist.
 I let Pride skip school so we could spend a little time with Logan and me out on the mountain. Here we are enjoying the view while replenishing our energy.
 Pride and Logan...I always find way behind everyone else, I think they forget my legs are at least 6-10 inches shorter than theirs.
 Pride and I also got out with my brother Mike.
 Here we were just scouting a possible future area, we did have a ton of fun observing.
 Logan's 2018 buck!


 Pride with his 2018 buck.




This was the first year I really had the opportunity to get out quite a bit.  I didn't actually shoot anything myself, but the time I spend outdoors with my family was THE BEST!
Brooks and I got to get out together for a little hike in the snow.  I had a nice bull elk in my sights, but he was on the move.  As we were sneaking our way up the mountain, through the trees, there was one last steep hill to climb with our quarry just above us in thick timber.  I climbed and slid back as there was ice under the snow.  I passed the torch so to speak as Brooks was just ahead of me.  He made an excellent shot! 
 I'm thinking we make an excellent team!




Mostly though, we've enjoyed being back in Montana, being outdoors and being together.  Moving forward with this blog I'd like to share a little piece of us.  We are fortunate enough to be able to enjoy a unique lifestyle. We are looking ahead to future endeavors both work and fun.  Brooks obtained his outfitters license Troutzoola Montana Fly Fishing, and we are looking forward to a family business.  We are also excited about travel opportunities.  We would like to see how many Montana rivers we can fish in summer.  It should be interesting while launching a new business.  There tends to be a fine balance between work and family time, we are really looking forward to it.
Brooks and Pride crossing a little ice to launch on the Bitterroot in January 2019
February was a little different.  Guess we'll tie flies and get ready!




 I'm anticipating a little more silliness, and snow cream, kind of like ice cream, but not.



Anxiously awaiting our upcoming adventures...







Comments

Popular Posts